MVRDV co-founder Jacob van Rijs participates in the jury of the 2020 DETAIL Prize. Together with other architecture and design professionals, he assessed several projects that are pioneering thanks to their outstanding architectural and technical qualities. The (online) award ceremony will take place on January 28 and is publicly accessible.
‘’It remains important to try and develop new ideas and solutions instead of forever copying the existing ones. I encourage others to think in a similar way: question the normal way of doing things, try to understand things on a deep level, and then make creative new solutions.’’ – Jacob van Rijs
The DETAIL Prize is awarded every two years by DETAIL in cooperation with sponsors from the industry and ideal partners from politics. The declared aim of the DETAIL Prize is to highlight the importance of architecture for society, to strengthen the role of architects in public and to promote networking between architects, builders, industry and politics.
- Date: January 28 – 17:00-19:00 (CET)
- More information on how to join can be found here.
- Go directly to the livestream by clicking here (do not forget to register).
The agenda of the event can be found below:
- 5:00 pm: Introduction, Sandra Hofmeister (DETAIL)
- 5:05 pm: Key speech, Louisa Hutton (Sauerbruch Hutton, Chair of the jury)
- 5:20 pm: Jacob van Rijs (MVRDV) and bureau SLA & Overtreders W: Peter van Assche, Reinder Bakker and Hester van Dijk
- 5:40 pm: Kim H. Nielsen (3XN) and ALA Architects: Antti Nousjoki, Juho Grönholm and Samuli Woolston
- 6:00 pm: Anna Ramos (Mies van der Rohe Foundation) and ICD/ITKE University Stuttgart: Prof. Achim Menges
- 6:20 pm: Jakob Schoof (DETAIL) and McCullough Mulvin Architects: Valerie Mulvin and Ruth O’Herlihy
- 6:40 pm: Closing words
- 6:45-7:00 pm: Networking Area